Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp7 will not load on to my new macbook pro with mavericks

I am trying to move Final Cut Studio from my old macbook pro to my 17" macbook pro i7. It prompts me to add the serial number and then it says that the serial number is invalid. Is there a problem this program and the Mavericks OS?

Final Cut Pro 6, iOS 5.0.1, invalid serial number

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 9:14 PM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2015 9:35 PM in response to torquefilms

torquefilms wrote:

I am trying to move Final Cut Studio from my old macbook pro to my 17" macbook pro i7.

How are you doing that? By using Migration?

torquefilms wrote:

It prompts me to add the serial number and then it says that the serial number is invalid.

Is the version you are installing an upgrade version? If so you will be prompted for two serial numbers, the first will be the serial number for the full version you upgraded from, and then the serial number of the upgrade software.

Also, see this document:

Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers - Apple Support

MtD

Mar 17, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Meg The Dog

How are you trying to install FCP? You can't just copy it, Pro Apps need to be installed to work.

When you got your original computer with the pre-installed FCP-7 weren't there discs included?

You would be best served to install from them.

Also, if you are running FCP-X there are specific installation guidelines to have both FCP-7 and FCP-X installed on the same computer:

See this document:

Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Installation best practices - Apple Support

about half way down the page.

MtD

Also: If you are doing a clean install of FCP-7, then you should use

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

from Digital Rebellion (free) to remove the traces of your previous attempt to install.

fcp7 will not load on to my new macbook pro with mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.