Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

Hi,

I own a MacBook Pro(Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014, MacBookPro11.1) with OS X Yosemite v10.10.2 (14C1510). The notebook / OS suffers from a terrible bug that is very annoying.

Multiple times a day the WiFi connection to the Internet drops and is unable to reconnect.

This is until I turn the Bluetooth off! Then, the WiFi connection to the Internet is restored instantly. But, I have to leave the Bluetooth disabled for a couple of minutes in order to persist the Internet connection.

This is rather frustrating, inconvenient and of course unacceptable.

I have connected two Apple Bluetooth peripheral devices:

1. Apple Wireless Keyboard
  2. Apple Wireless Mouse

I found this but I don't think the sources interference is really the problem here.

Any thoughts or suggestions, other than the well known hacks for the WiFi issue?

Thank you,

Valantis

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 1:04 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 3:02 AM in response to cvkef

I am also having this problem. I have had MacBook for two years, but it seems all of a sudden, my wireless was slowed to a crawl, or would drop out completely. I accidentally shut off bluetooth while troubleshooting and, boom - wireless comes back without a problem. As the writer above says, I can then turn on bluetooth again, and it will work for a while, but then lock up again.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.