Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video clips not playing

Video clips will not play in iPhoto 7.1.5.

Whether they are QuickTime or AVI format, Quicktime Player (v.10.0) does not launch.

Yet the same clips work perfectly in iPhoto 5.0.4 (Quicktime Player 7.6.4)

Can anyone give a reason?

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 5:52 AM

Because iPhoto 7 is looking for Quicktime 7, that's why.

6 replies

Mar 19, 2015 1:30 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence

Thanks for your comment. Both my Snow Leopard desktops have iPhoto. 7.1.5 and QT player 10.0. The server always tells me that my Software is up to date, yet it seems from your comment they are not compatible?

And if I export those Video clips from iPhoto. 5 directly to a Snow Leopard folder (rather than transferring the whole iPhoto. Library), then QT Player 10.0 does open and run them!

Could it be that when iPhoto 7 updates the newly imported iPhoto 5 Library, it renders any included video clips unreadable to QT Player 10.0?

Mar 25, 2015 5:07 PM in response to Yer_Man

Terence

I have now installed QT7 alongside QT10 - and the OS auto-selects the appropriate version, depending on whether the video clip is within the iPhoto 7.1.5 Library, or elsewhere. Curious!

There is a knowledge base article that suggests that QT7 is needed for "older media". Maybe so, but I only have modern AVI and QT movie clips, which suggests that QT7 is also addressing a compatibility issue in iPhoto 7.1.5.

Thanks

video clips not playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.