Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Live type disappear when I upgrade to Lion?

I bought a Mac Pro in 2011 with Snow Leopard pre- installed. The nice Genius Bar folks migrated all my files and apps from my old computer's drive to the new one, so the fcs with Fcp 7 was on there, along with Live Type.

I have not upgraded to another operating system since, because I heard that Lion would not support Live type.

Now, because of needing to upgrade other software, I have to upgrade to at least Lion, and possibly, Snow Lion.

Been doing research on here and other sites. But, my question is this- if I already have the software on my drive, and just upgrade via a download from the App Store, will Live type still work. Is the issue more installing it onto a Lion (or above) based hard drive?

Any advice would be appreciated. I have lots of titles that occasionally need tweaking. I need to keep Live Type working.

thank you!

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 5:12 AM

I Need some answers today.

1 reply

Will Live type disappear when I upgrade to Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.