Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Imac (2013) as a display for ps4 or any digital player?

shouldI just get a (HDMI - thunderbolt) or maybe (HDMI - minidisplay port) cable?
IMac have 4 USB 3.0, and 2 Thunderbotls (are the thunderbolts synonymous with the Displayport??)

i just wanna play ps4 on my 27 Imac when my wife throws me away from TV 😝

thank u

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2013 27inch

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 12:40 PM

Hello IamSam3,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

The iMac can only be used as another display with another Mac. You cannot connect a non-Mac device to the iMac and have it behave live an external monitor.

Target Display Mode: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

2 replies

Apr 7, 2015 12:46 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thank u Alex for the link.
but according to what i read.. its not a definite no no, as u see in this paragraph:

Can I use the iMac in TDM as a display for my gaming console, DVD player, or other device?

The Mini DisplayPort port on a supported iMac can receive DisplayPort compliant video and audio signals. Converters not made by Apple may provide options to convert other electrical, video, and audio protocols to Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt compliant signals.

Im not sure what Displayport compatibility is though! or what are the converters!

How to use Imac (2013) as a display for ps4 or any digital player?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.