Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, my iphone5s was dropped in the water and it can not work, can i come to the store change a new one? By the way the old one was bought from China

By the way the old one was bought from China

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 3:44 AM

5 replies

Mar 17, 2015 3:53 AM in response to xjy630

Water damage is not covered by the warranty. If you want to have a new phone, you'll have to pay the Out-Of-Warranty-Service fee.

Since the warranty for an iPhone is also only valid in the country where it has been bought, you can only get it serviced, if you are inside that country. Otherwise you'll have to bring it back to the country of purchase.

Out-of-Warranty Service

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service fee listed below.

Model Out-of-warranty service
iPhone 6 Plus 2,388 RMB
iPhone 6 2,198 RMB
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c,
iPhone 5
1,998 RMB
iPhone 4s 1,598 RMB
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 3G
1,198 RMB

All fees in RMB and include tax. iPhone Out-of-Warranty Service may also be available from your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. Pricing may vary.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone /China

Hello, my iphone5s was dropped in the water and it can not work, can i come to the store change a new one? By the way the old one was bought from China

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.