Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove apps from a pc

I have a good number of apps on my pc that I don't want; how do you delete them off of the computer.

Note: I know how to take them off of my devices.

Racewalker

PC, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 8:28 AM

8 replies

Mar 17, 2015 12:39 PM in response to racewalker

Hi,

Do you mean an actual Windows computer like the one you list in your Specs ?

Or do you have a Mac computer of some sort ?

User uploaded file

7:39 pm Tuesday; March 17, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Mar 18, 2015 8:33 AM in response to racewalker

This specific forum, is for an Application called iChat. It was a messenger App for Apple computers and its long since been discontinued. IT has nothing to do with Windows computers, or other applications.

The Apple support Communities in general are for Apple Devices and Computers. Not Windows computers.

If you are having issues with Windows PCs this is not the place to get help for it. Try the Microsoft Forums instead. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

With that said however, most applications in Windows come with uninstallers. You should be able to find them in the Start Menu folder for the Applications, or in Control Panel, under the "Add or Remove Programs" icon.

Mar 18, 2015 12:29 PM in response to racewalker

Humm,

I have a nice Desktop Pic on my computer as well.

It still does not tell me anything.

With some many people switching to Mac a "Desktop PC" still does not really tell me anything.

Level 2 Posters can report Posts and select a number of Choices.

Ones of these to the relocate the Post (within the framework of the Apple Communities (forums) ) to somewhere more suitable.

User uploaded file

7:29 pm Wednesday; March 18, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Mar 30, 2015 8:47 AM in response to racewalker

Hi again,

Let me start over.

I actually was referring to my iphone and ipad mini. I have many apps that I don't need or want any longer. Can I delete them from my devices or my computer. I have a desktop pc computer with Windows 8.2 on it. This question, as I see it, is rather both an Apple question and a Microsoft question. So I thought I could start here and have a better chance of getting an answer.

Thanks,

Barb

Mar 30, 2015 8:58 AM in response to racewalker

Apps are removable from the your PC and apple devices.

To remove an app from your itunes on your windows computer just enter into your apps on itunes - my apps - right click - select delete. (this will delete said app and will be put in your computers recycling bin)

To remove an app from your apple device - hold your finger down on said app until it starts to wiggle - press the x on the app you wish to delete. (job done)

Hope this helps.

Mar 30, 2015 12:33 PM in response to andyw86

The above will rid you of the app itself (when deleting it from the iGadget, it deletes its data and config as well). The AppleID that was used to acquire it will retain its rights-to-use indefinitely or until the developer retires the app. So if sometime in the future you should need it again, it can be found and redownloaded from the Purchases tab on the mobiles.

remove apps from a pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.