Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.5 and it won't export the finished video.

Laptop running 10.9.5 and iMovie 10.0.5

Finished a video and it is in the "theater" but it won't share from there since it is saying that it "Can't share when referencing the camera." We have reimported the files three times now. When we remove the card after the import it makes the files all disappear. The computer will not recognize the imported files. It is giving the message in the timeline on the supposedly missing (and imported three times now) files that "The media from the clip is still on the camera. To begin importing, select "Reimport from Camera/Archive..." from the File menu."

There is NO "Reimport from Camera/Archive..." in the FILE menu. Where is this and how can I get this hour long and fully edited exported?

Please do not tell me to reimport the files. We have. Three times.

Please do not tell me to select the event files and then the words will appear in the File menu. They don't.

Please do not tell me to select the files in the edited timeline and the words will appear in the file menu. They don't.

Please do not tell me that my student has wasted hours editing this project and we won't be able to use it.

I need an answer to get to it and fast. We are on a deadline. Thanks.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 8:49 AM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2015 1:11 AM in response to bas12av

Did you get any joy with answering this?

My first thought was that maybe when you imported you chose to leave the files in place rather than copy then to the iMovie library..but I can't see where that option is now.

I too have created a short movie from load f clips..but can't export or share either..the 'Share 'menu is empty..you go to it and no sub menu appears.

iMovie 10.0.5 and it won't export the finished video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.