Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i hate itunes

I hate itunes and spotify so much. are there any better alternative music players out there?

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 8:29 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2015 8:05 PM in response to strao

I hope you have some of your customer service people reviewing these flaming posts, because I have been enraged for quite some time about iTunes and your rotten, anti-consumer policies. I despise and hate iTunes. Of course, I use it all the time, on my iPhone and on my Mac. When it first came out, I bought all sorts of stuff through the store. I have been collecting music for years and I have gone through several Macs, and the restrictive copying agreement, which is completely unfair and ridiculous, requires me to reauthorize, using long-ago abandoned passwords. It's a real clever policy you devised, to get us to shell out money again and again for something we already purchased. That is thievery!

What really incenses me is the horrible iCloud. What a rotten concept! I get on a long bus trip during one of my many travels. My brand new iPhone is loaded up with my favorite songs, that I bought from iTunes. I open up the phone, and I have NOTHING!!! My 'Wicked Game' by Chris Isaak is in the blankety-blank cloud! 'Captain of Her Heart' by Double is up there. Everything is there because I accidentally chose the worthless iCloud option, and now in the middle of nowhere, on a 20 hour bus ride, I am left with NOTHING. There is no wifi in the Paraguayan Chaco. I don't even have 3G. I sit stewing about how very, very deeply I hate your company, or whoever devised this selfish, vicious plan.

Thank you for rewarding me for the thousands and thousands of dollars I have spent of my own money on your equipment over the last twenty years, for bragging to everyone about how much I love Apple. Thanks for leaving me in the lurch.

This has been my reaction to your crooked policies: no more digital purchases, certainly, never, ever will I stream. I'm going back to CDs, and I'll load them on the computer myself. I am not going to let you steal my music anymore, and leave me with nothing to listen to on bus trips in the middle of nowhere.

If you are reading this, and you don't toss me off as just a worthless, ignorant peon, then maybe you'll take this to management, and you guys can calculate how much you are losing by your counter-market policies. Your paranoid protectionist attitudes have made using your service nearly impossible. I loved iTunes. I was purchasing more and more, but your policies evolved and became much worse. I would have been a great customer, and I quit.

I may be angrier than most about this, but I am willing to bet I am not the only one. I am sure your bean counters have probably already calculated you can lose worthless customers like me to protect yourself against thieves. Thanks a lot for hanging your loyal customers out to dry!!! Maybe if you revisit your decision, you will realize that there is a significant rate of attrition in purchases among your customers and that you are losing millions. It's never too late to change and win us back.

i hate itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.