Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publishing a podcast

Hi everyone,

After upgrading to Yosemite, Podcast Maker 1.4.1 no longer works. There is no support for this product as the developer site seems to be let go.

I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions on software we can use to generate the rss/xml feed?

• years of weekly sermon files are posted to our server.
  • was using Podcast Maker, need replacement.
  • not interested in paid service

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 2:59 PM

It's a difficult situation - there aren't many suitable methods and it's a pity about Podcast Maker which was very good. There are various free services such as Blogger and SoundCloud but of course they come with minimal if any support and as they are online services you don't have control or direct access to the feed.

You could think about writing the feed yourself. I'm always reluctant to suggest this because it's an unforgiving process - a simple error can wreck the entire thing - but at least you have total control. My page on podcasting includes a basic feed you can use as a template:

http://wilmut.uk/pc

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Violet Sun Electric

It's a difficult situation - there aren't many suitable methods and it's a pity about Podcast Maker which was very good. There are various free services such as Blogger and SoundCloud but of course they come with minimal if any support and as they are online services you don't have control or direct access to the feed.

You could think about writing the feed yourself. I'm always reluctant to suggest this because it's an unforgiving process - a simple error can wreck the entire thing - but at least you have total control. My page on podcasting includes a basic feed you can use as a template:

http://wilmut.uk/pc

Publishing a podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.