Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i turn off cc? settings page shows it is off, but it shows up on abc, usa, and other playbacks. buttons for cc in each app do nothing

How do I turn off cc? I'm not hearing-impaired and did not turn it on. Settings page shows it is not turned on, but when watching ABC, USA etc., its there and the buttons within each app to remove it do nothing.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 5:38 PM

If you pause the show, swipe up, there will be subtitle tab letting you change the close captioning setting.

5 replies

Mar 18, 2015 5:55 AM in response to OldGnome

Yes, the captions themselves. Last evening I pulled up an ABC program from the ABC app (not ABC.com), and captions were on. I went to settings page and again turned on then off the captioning option. When I went back to my program, captions were still on but the cc button actually brought up dialog to turn them off. Some possible difference between iPad interpretation of cc data and that of the app for the broadcaster? Was never able to get rid of it Sunday on a USA replay.

how do i turn off cc? settings page shows it is off, but it shows up on abc, usa, and other playbacks. buttons for cc in each app do nothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.