Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing itunes library

My husband and I use the same iTunes library on our Mac but different user accounts. Recently I have "lost" access to his library. This is a problem since all our playlists, etc are on the same one.

When I open iTunes it defaults to a blank library though it does have access to the same music and movie files. When I try to use a different library (via holding down the option key) I cannot open his library (it is shaded out). I have checked that I have access to it (its not shaded out via finder and I did a "get info" to make sure).

Any advice?

iMac

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 11:41 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2015 2:14 PM in response to lina262

Hi lina262,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with iTunes. If you are no longer able to access the shared iTunes library from your user account, you may want to double-check that the library and access setting are set up as outlined in the following article:

iTunes: How to share music between different user accounts on a single computer - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Accessing itunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.