Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unblock a sender in mail?

Hi. Using Mac OS X 10.10.2

I don't see where I can unblock a sender. Dropbox is emailing me from a "no-reply@dropbox.com" address and I'm not getting their emails. How do I unblock that?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 11:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Luisco

Greetings Luisco,

It seems you unable to receive messages from certain account. Have you reviewed your junk mail folder to find these messages? The following article provides details on junk mail and setting adjustments which may help:

Mail (Yosemite): If junk mail filters aren’t working correctly

If Mail incorrectly identifies junk mail, try these suggestions.

If junk mail isn’t marked as junk

If junk mail isn’t highlighted in brown to indicate it’s junk, check your junk mail preferences.

• Choose Mail > Preferences, then click Junk Mail. Make sure “Enable junk mail filtering” and “Mark as junk mail, but leave it in my Inbox” are selected.
  • If you chose the junk mail preference to exempt addresses in your Previous Recipients list from filtering, check that your list contains only addresses you want to receive messages from. For more information, see Use the Previous Recipients list.
  • If the problem persists, click Reset in Junk Mail preferences to reset the junk mail database to its original information. Resetting the database removes everything Mail has learned from you about what is junk or not junk, so you need to help Mail identify junk mail again.

Be sure to tell Mail when it misses junk mail: select the message, then click the Junk button User uploaded file in the Mail toolbar.

If messages are incorrectly marked as junk

There are several ways you can prevent Mail from incorrectly marking legitimate messages as junk.

• Tell Mail that a message is legitimate by marking it as not junk. Click Not Junk in the banner of the message; or select the message, then click the Not Junk button User uploaded file in the Mail toolbar.
  • Add the sender to the Contacts app. For more information, see Save addresses, events, passes, and more.
  • Review your junk mail settings in Mail preferences, as well as any rules you might have created to handle junk mail, and make changes as necessary.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

How do I unblock a sender in mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.