Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden photos on iPhone?

Hi there. I have a little problem with my iTunes syncing bar. It says that I have 31 photos on my iPhone, even though I have none. Neither in the Camera Roll folder, or in the Recently Deleted folder. Is there any way to get rid of this problem? Are these photos actually taking up space, or is it just a syncing bar bug?

Hope someone will be able to help me out.

PS. First post here, and didn't really find a perfectly fitting community to post on.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2, MacBook Pro retina 15", 2013

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 1:01 PM

9 replies

Mar 19, 2015 2:51 PM in response to Haakon Johansen

Hi Haakon Johansen,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you are having an issue with a mismatch in the reported storage/number of photos between iOS on your iPhone and iTunes on your computer, you may want to try the following troubleshooting steps (the article is aimed at a slightly different issue, but the steps are also helpful for storage reporting issues):

If your device gets stuck during startup

When starting up, you might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time, or your device might restart again. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Apr 22, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Haakon Johansen

You do not have to Restore your device, you need to download PhoneView or any other application what can access your iThing storage. When you click on Photos under MEDIA you will see no photos however when you go to DATA, PhotoData you will be able to find them. Just delete everything in that folder, also delete everything in DCIM and Photos, and reboot your device. iOS will recreate all the folders a .sqlite etc. The data is cache what iTunes can not clear.

Hidden photos on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.