Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my old desktop has tons of IT downloads- no longer have the email address or login info. How can I get my music?

I have an old desktop that I have not used in years. My wife reminded me of all the IT downloads that are on it. I no longer have that email account nor do I remember the apple id log in. How can I recover my music?

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 11:59 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2015 2:26 PM in response to passline711

Hi passline711,

I understand you would like to transfer an iTunes library to a new computer. The following article provides various options for doing so:

iTunes for Windows: How to copy purchases between computers - Apple Support

If you need assistance recovering your Apple ID information, you can reference this article:

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support

I no longer have an email address that was also my Apple ID. Can I still use the email address as my Apple ID?

Apple recommends you change your Apple ID to your current, working email address. This will not create another Apple ID, it will only change it to your working email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

Note: @mac.com and @me.com Apple IDs can not be renamed. If you no longer use the .mac or .me email address be sure to add your valid email address as an additional email address.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

my old desktop has tons of IT downloads- no longer have the email address or login info. How can I get my music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.