Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6 won't delete messages, and when I do delete messages my phone freezes and the messages come back? Also I am not receiving group texts.a

I Have the iPhone 6, I have a lot of messages in my phone fhat need to be deleted. But when I go to delete them, my phone freezes and then the messages return. Also I have not recived group messages in a week. is there any way I can get my messages to delete and my group messaging back? I reset my phone, i turned of iMessage and turned it back on, also turned off group and turned it back on, also deleted messages every way you can, swiping right, pressing edit then delete, and deleting individual messages, but the problem does not go away. Please help!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 1:42 PM

5 replies

Mar 17, 2015 6:49 PM in response to ambe0092

I updated my iPhone 6 to 8.2 yesterday.

Two problematjc/disappointing) experiences so far:

• I was surprised to find that the bulk of my music media did not appear on the phone via Music app after installation finished.

The files did, however, show up "on the phone" in iTunes 12, but the only way to correct this issue was to delete ALL music files from the phone via

Settings App and to delete All music files from the phone via iTunes and then re-sync music files.

• And, with regard to deleting voicemails: I was surprised to see for the first time an alert that my voicemail box was full.

When I tried to delete messages from the queue the phone appeared to freeze for so long that I felt I needed to reboot the phone.

I am not 100% sure it was an actual freeze, perhaps there is a slight chance that the deletion process (for which, by the way, has no progress bar)

is a resource straining procedure i.e. as if it is actually _erasing_ the messages

?

Apr 15, 2015 8:27 PM in response to NolaCBD

Not really,

Under 8.2 my original "solution" was to reboot the phone, after trying to delete

voicemails and having problems deleting, en masse.

This helped to improve deletion process.

Under 8.3 I have not seen the problem, however I have not tried, or had the need

to delete a large number of archived voicemails.

I did just delete a group of four or five without a hitch ...

My Iphone 6 won't delete messages, and when I do delete messages my phone freezes and the messages come back? Also I am not receiving group texts.a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.