Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade from 10.6.8 to what? Turbo Tax 2014 forcing the issue.(MacPro 2009)

It's time to upgrade from 10.6.8 to what? Turbo Tax 2014 is forcing the issue. Go up incrementally or just to 10.7? 10.8? (MacPro 2009)

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 2:24 PM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Hindley1

I have this question, too. I was advised by someone at Mac App store to purchase OS Lion 10.7 for $ 19.99 which I did. Only to find out after the purchase and download that I only had 1 GB and needed at least 2 to use Lion. Now Apple refuses to credit my account for the $19.99 charge sending me some sort of coupon, but cannot be used to purchase the ram needed for my IMac. nor when I do increase the ram, I would not be able to re-purchase Lion.

I was wondering about Maverick or Yosemite on the older IMac. They are free. Don't understand why the older versions are not free, also. I have Yosemite on my MacBook Pro and like it very much.

Mar 22, 2015 6:54 AM in response to jhuntsin

Leopard macs came with a minimum of 2GB of memory - I doubled it to 4 when I purchased on line from Apple - so in order to update you need to add more memory first --- after snow leopard -- check all your devices Printers etc before doing an update as they may not have a driver.

With taxes - unless you really need Turbo tax --- check the US tax site for other on line methods of filing.

If your are trying to file using an on-line service - change your web browser -- I switched to OPERA others are using Firefox.

Upgrade from 10.6.8 to what? Turbo Tax 2014 forcing the issue.(MacPro 2009)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.