Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple firewall alert

Hi, I was watching an anime show on one of my usual sites, animefreak. Out of nowhere I got redirected with this pop up, I did not call the number as I could not find the number on the apple site for support. Especially with all the popup windows about false numbers. So i need some help, has anyone had this pop up before? Is my computer really infected?, if so any suggestions on how to proceed?

It says;

apple-firewall-alert

computer adware/ spyware virus

1-877-848-6792

Picture provided, Please help, not sure how to proceed.

I heard of some kind of USB that connects and removes this kind of stuff, but can not remember the nameUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Mid 2010

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 3:30 PM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2015 3:07 PM in response to Linc Davis

Wow....please don't flame the village idiot (me). The pop-up I received was very similar to this; however, it had much more Apple branding and appeared more legitimate than this one shown above. I actually called the number and the gentleman on the phone claimed to be Apple Support and used a "logmein123" session and a terminal command to show me "koobface found" in some log. He then proceeded to convince me that I needed to have an "Anti-Hack Network Technician, Level 6". Never heard of it. $439 to take care of all computers, tablets, and smartphones (numerous).

I started to smell a rat and grabbed my wife's laptop and found this thread. I then terminated the call and the remote session with this person.

My computer sits behind a Time Capsule with encryption, and that sits behind a Cable Modem.

After restarting my laptop, everything appears to be in order, but do I need to consult with someone to have my laptop examined, just to make sure that nothing was obtained somehow during this remote session.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

apple firewall alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.