Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does support for Yosemite begin and end?

I have a mid-2011 iMac and recently upgraded it from Mtn. Lion to Yosemite, OS v 10x10.2. To be a little more specific, I either did the upgrade on 3/9/15. I have made several calls to Apple for support and the techs have been most kind and helpful. Each told me that I would have 30 days free support for Yosemite from the date of the download. But then, I made a call today, barely an hour ago. This time the tech told me that the 30 day support was only available for the 30 days from the date that Apple released Yosemite, not from the download date. I find this very hard to believe but perhaps it's true. Does anyone know which is the start date of the 30 day support - the release date or the download date? Thanks.

(Not sure if this is the correct community to post to.)

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 7:04 PM

See this link for the definition and duration of Apple complementary phone support. (If you have AppleCare, you should have three years of such support.) Note that it's 90 days, not 30 days. Try referring the last tech to that. Using his definition, there would no longer be any support for Yosemite, since it was released last October.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2015 7:04 PM in response to dazed

See this link for the definition and duration of Apple complementary phone support. (If you have AppleCare, you should have three years of such support.) Note that it's 90 days, not 30 days. Try referring the last tech to that. Using his definition, there would no longer be any support for Yosemite, since it was released last October.

Mar 18, 2015 11:05 AM in response to FatMac-MacPro

Thanks for the confirmation. Like you, I was thinking that w/o AppleCare, there would no longer be any support for Yosemite. When I said that to the tech, he was very insistent. So I'm hoping that I might get a survey asking me how I liked the service I received. It's also funny that you mentioned 90 days. Somewhere in my notes from a number of months ago, I had written down that the support would be 90. Anyway, I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

When does support for Yosemite begin and end?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.