Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue installing Snow Leopard

I have a 2009 MacBook that I was running snow leopard on, upgraded with a install disc purchased from Apple. I loaned this to a friend and when it came back it was full of junk files and running slow. I decided to wipe it and just start from scratch. I installed Leopard from my original installation disk and chose to erase and install from scratch. Everything went fine and I did all the available software updates.

When I used my Snow leopard disk to install the upgraded OS it took fine. I went to look for available updates and there were several. I downloaded and when prompt to restart, chose yes but it only goes to a grey/blue screen then a blank hoe screen with no dock, header or Hard Drive icon.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 5:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2015 8:11 AM in response to ETexmacguy

Hi ETexmacguy,

I would start troubleshooting your issue of booting to a grey/blue screen with the article below. It will have you try booting up in Safe Mode as that resolve the issue if it boots successfully. If that does not work, I would use your OS X Snow Leopard install disk to use Disk Utility to check your hard drive.

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176

Take it easy,

-Norm G.

Issue installing Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.