Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you set up Apple TV without an internet?

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 8:30 PM

You Can not

9 replies

Mar 17, 2015 9:27 PM in response to jwalchli

DONT LISTEN TO FOOLISHNESS...of course you can and here's how. I came in to ask a different question, but I will solve yours. This will also help me because you have to write me back for the next step (I need to send you a referal to another app that we both benefit...you will need it... Lol) I digress

heres what you need to do. Set your Apple TV up on the "normal router" that does not have Internet but does have a wifi connection/signal. Go to settings and MAKE SURE.....Airplay settings are: 1 on 2 conf room oN ------5 security off

after that....hopefully you have a mobile device (iPhone lol), heres what u do in the phone settings.....make sure you are NOT connected to ANY wireless network, but turn it on, and also turn blue tooth on...and VOILA

now because Safari is sketchy....there is a better app (my referal) which works much better because safari is kind of sketchy. I'll wait for your next response

Mar 18, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Prophetic

Thanks for the reply. No Luck. It seems that the one major issue is that you can not authorize the Apple TV (it won't accept the apple ID and password) during the set up process unless the Apple TV is connected to the internet. Since I don't have internet service that is not an option. Should have read the product description and specs more carefully before purchasing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.