Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jam Packs in Garageband 10?

Hey all,

I've been using Garageband since it's original release several years ago and recently upgraded to Garageband 10 to try it out. I want to import some old projects and work on them but some files and loops appear to be missing as indicated by a message that appears when I open the older file. From what I imagine, these missing loops were part of the original set of Jam Packs (additional loops and instruments available as separate purchases). If anyone has experience with those, are you aware of how I can get them into Garageband 10 for OS X 10.10 Yosemite?

Thanks!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 12:35 AM

The Jam packs are not part of GarageBand 10 and you cannot download them separately, because Apple is no longer selling them.

restore them from the last backup you made, before you migrated to Yosemite. You need to restore the instruments and loops in the /Library folder at the top level of your system drive.

/Library/Audio and /Library/Application Support/Garageband

OR buy Mainstage - it will install the Jam packs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2015 12:35 AM in response to acondax

The Jam packs are not part of GarageBand 10 and you cannot download them separately, because Apple is no longer selling them.

restore them from the last backup you made, before you migrated to Yosemite. You need to restore the instruments and loops in the /Library folder at the top level of your system drive.

/Library/Audio and /Library/Application Support/Garageband

OR buy Mainstage - it will install the Jam packs.

Jam Packs in Garageband 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.