Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to buy an iPhoto book produced in iPhoto 9.6

When trying to buy the iPhoto book iPhoto tells me there are unused photo place holders and to either add a photo or change the layout. In iLife 09 it was possible to leave photo holders blank and iPhoto would ignore them. How can I do this in iPhoto 9.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 8:10 AM

You can not - and you could not in iphoto '09 either - or '08 etc - Photo books do and always have required that all photo frames have photos in them - you need to follow the directions and

either add a photo or change the layout

Then you can order

LN

6 replies

Mar 18, 2015 1:42 PM in response to LarryHN

In the Macintosh iLife 09 book by Jim Heid he says that : unused photo frames, don't worry if any pages have unused (gray) photo frames iPhoto simple ignores them and goes on to say that e.g. if you are creating a book in Picture book and you want a page with 5 photos (which picture book doesn't have) then you can use a 6 photo layout and only use 5 photos. Guess either that didn't work (but I'm sure it did) or it certainly doesn't now. JM

Mar 18, 2015 2:27 PM in response to jocelynfromfeilding

What ever - who are you going to believe - some unknown book writter or your lying eyes?

The answer for the third time is very simple -

either add a photo or change the layout

You can do that and order your book or argue till the cows come home and not order your book - totally your choice - you have the answer - now you either use it or not - makes no difference to anyone here

LN

Mar 18, 2015 7:39 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you Old Toad for your pleasant response to my question. I will certainly re-look at my books and see what I can do. Although we have had Macintosh computers since the MacPlus this is the first time I have attempted an iPhoto book and also the first time I have asked the community for help.

Your response was awesome compared to the other very rude one I had. I wish there was a way to report or delete rude posts like his.

Thanks again, just shows how nice and polite 'old toads' can be. JM

Trying to buy an iPhoto book produced in iPhoto 9.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.