Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotspot login cannot open page because too many redirects occurred

i try connect to public wifi but unsuccessfully due to " hotspot login cannot open page because too many redirects occurred". Would like seek for help on how to solve this? thx

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 10:53 AM

Hi Hlaipeng,

To start troubleshooting this issue where you are getting the error that the hotspot login cannot open the page because of too many redirects occurred, I'd like you to please clear the temporary data from Safari on your iPhone. This error message can pop up as the result of connecting to certain Wi-Fi hotspots which require authentication within Safari.

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2015 10:53 AM in response to Hlaipeng

Hi Hlaipeng,

To start troubleshooting this issue where you are getting the error that the hotspot login cannot open the page because of too many redirects occurred, I'd like you to please clear the temporary data from Safari on your iPhone. This error message can pop up as the result of connecting to certain Wi-Fi hotspots which require authentication within Safari.

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

hotspot login cannot open page because too many redirects occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.