Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Shows have no Show Name on iPad

In iTunes 12 on Yosemite 10.10.2 I can see all of the TV shows are sorted correctly by show and season. However, when I sync to my iPad the TV shows are all lumped together (which for me is just a grey box with the number of episodes in a badge) and there is no artwork. It's as if the show name did not get synced. The episode title is displayed and they are split by season. They play ok too.

I was expecting to see two shows with artwork under TV Shows in Videos, then when I click the show to see the episodes for that show, just like you would for albums in Music.

Any ideas why all the shows are listed together rather than by show name?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 7:55 AM

So not that this is the correct way to remedy this situation, but one solution is to add the show name into the Director field within Get Info, Sorting. Show name then displays on folder on iPad.

No artwork is displayed but at least the show name allows you to select the correct folder to watch the program you would like.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Stuart Oliver

So not that this is the correct way to remedy this situation, but one solution is to add the show name into the Director field within Get Info, Sorting. Show name then displays on folder on iPad.

No artwork is displayed but at least the show name allows you to select the correct folder to watch the program you would like.

TV Shows have no Show Name on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.