Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud drive not syncing on yosemite

So I use iCloud drive quite extensively across my iPhone, iPad, mac and iCloud.com.

All devices (including iCloud.com) always seem to be kept in sync, except my mac. I'll find files that are more than 24 hours out of sync with the rest of my devices.

Any thoughts?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 3:05 AM

6 replies

Mar 18, 2015 4:13 AM in response to SL9

Did this recently start happening? I use the same devices and starting this past weekend, experienced the same issue.

Last night, I disabled iCloud Drive on my Mac and re-enabled it and that was a big mistake, as on my Mac iCloud drive has been "setting up iCloud Drive..." for the last 12 hours. For me, iCloud has worked perfectly until his past Saturday.

User uploaded file

If I open Keynote, I can see document, but they all look like this (iCloud waiting to download)

User uploaded file

For an experiment, I disabled iCloud Drive and re-enabled on my iPhone and now it has been stuck at updating for the last 12 hours:

User uploaded file

If I look in my router's client list, I can see there is no activity from my iPhone or iMac, so it appears to be waiting on iCloud.

One last experiment, I update a presentation on my iPhone and it immediately gets uploaded to iCloud, so this appears to only be a download issue.

Mar 18, 2015 5:13 AM in response to Michael Ginsberg

Exactly the same problem. iCloud Drive on Yosemite is having massive issues. I have spent a good three hours with an "escalated Apple Engineer". I feel sorry for these gallant people - as with the First World World War, they are lions led by donkeys. The man said that he would phone back. He didn't. Why would he? It is not his problem, it is that of Apple's. What staggers me, though, is that the great and the good pretend there is no problem. There is. So. Advice? Like the troops on the Western Front, sit it out and wait. Scream, yell, shout, abuse but the arrogance of Apple (do you remember when it was 'alternative' and honest? Now it is 'bling' and all $17,000 Gold watches!) will ignore you until they sort it out in their own good time. Dropbox never had this problem.

Mar 18, 2015 3:36 PM in response to LaCassaigne

I started the process of escalating. This morning, they had me disable iCloud Drive on my 3 macs, iPhone and iPad and then enable it on just one mac. Did that, and 10 hours later, the one mac has been stuck after 2 hours of updating. Waiting for them to call me back. This is a real hassle, as I have been using iCloud more and relying on it between all my devices. Things are perfect when I goto my browser via iCloud.com.

Mar 20, 2015 11:35 AM in response to SL9

iCloud Drive is an unreliable mess! I can't imagine how many hours I've spent over the last several months attempting to have this work like it should, and like the others here, things now seem as bad as ever.

There have been times when it seems to be working pretty well across my devices. But in the last few days I've noticed that Pages documents I've edited on my Mac and iPad are not syncing. I now have three different versions of one document, one on my Mac, one on iCloud.com, and another on my iPad. There is no indication given that there are conflicts if I open them up.

I'm tired of staring at the little bars on the doc icons, or seeing "Syncing" or "not downloaded" or "Updating n documents" on my various devices. This stuff just doesn't work, and it's been a problem for nearly 6 months!

I'm afraid all the effort is going toward the watch, so there's nobody trying to fix MobileMe, oops, I mean iCloud. I have a hunch that the reason for the Photos app delay is they don't want to destroy an already sinking ship.

Time to try to get back to work and hope for the best at some point in the future.

Apr 9, 2015 7:05 PM in response to David Bruce

Here's an update of my prior message. About 4 days after writing the post above, contacting Apple Care, and spending lots of time trying to troubleshoot, iCloud Drive mysteriously began working again. I never got the call back from Apple Care, but the problem seemed to "fix itself." It's been working fine since.

I'm now wondering if I really want to put all my photos in the new Photos app with iCloud Drive? I'd like to, but I'm concerned about reliability.

Cheers!

Apr 25, 2015 10:17 PM in response to SL9

I am using iCloud drive to sync some of my important data between my Office MacBook Air and my home Windows PC -- there seems to be no problem apart from the delays in uploading and downloading the data depending on internet speeds.

But when I added a login for myself in my wife MacBook Air yesterday and enabled iCloud drive to access the same data, it is definitely not syncing -- over the last 2 days.

Maybe the problem becomes acute, when there are more than 2 devices (3 or more) using the same iCloud account for syncing -- as it appears from my experience. But there is definitely a problem with iCloud drive and hence I am seriously considering moving back to DropBox.

iCloud drive not syncing on yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.