Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 8.0.4 Favorites stay open after search

Hello,

this is something that’s been happening since Safari 8.0.0 (and still does on Safari 8.0.4) on OS X 10.10.X. When I’m using Safari in fullscreen mode and I use the Smart Search, my Favorites and Top Sites are shown in this little pop-up. When I use Safari in windowed mode, the favorites/top search/history "bar" disappears, but when I'm in fullscreen mode the favorites "bar" stays. I have to manually click somewhere or press ESC to make it disappear.

Does anybody else notice this behavior? Is there a workaround (other than deactivating the favorites in the smart search field)?

Thanks a lot,

Marko

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 11:00 AM

4 replies

Mar 18, 2015 1:12 PM in response to DerMarko

I just realized I didn’t put my actual problem that well:

The problem is that the Favorites stay open after I entered a search term. Here’s what I do and what happens:

When in fullscreen: When I click into the Smart Search Field, the pop-up with my favorites appears. Then I enter some search term and press Enter. Google opens with my search query and the pop-up with my favorites appears again.

When Safari is windowed: When I click into the Smart Search Field, the pop-up with my favorites appears. Then I enter some search term and press Enter. Google opens with my search query, but this time the pop-up with my favorites does not appear.

I think the latter one is how it is supposed to work, but I’m not sure.

Safari 8.0.4 Favorites stay open after search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.