Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp has stopped recognizing that it has a modem. Drivers are up to date, no malware, modem works fine in OSx.

I use OSx for work-related purposes, but my family uses bootcamp. This has worked well for us for about 2 years.

About three weeks ago, bootcamp suddenly started struggling with the wireless internet connection...lots of little drops usually (but not always) followed by quick reacquisitions. This problem did not (and does not) occur in OSx or for any other device in our house.

I looked into the drivers, and they were all up to date. I then initiated a scortched earth campaign of antivirus and malware detection, thinking maybe something snuck in via my son's Steam account or whatever....but this actually brought up nothing at all. Still, the problem continued.

And then, early yesterday, bootcamp stopped recognizing that it even has a wireless modem (in the middle of a session; the computer booted up with internet, then the modem "vanished" after 30-40 minutes). It now only recognizes ethernet cables as a viable internet source.

OSx, again, continues to work fine.

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 10:17 AM

1 reply

Bootcamp has stopped recognizing that it has a modem. Drivers are up to date, no malware, modem works fine in OSx.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.