Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It denies my cards Everytime I switch it but there is nothing wrong with either it won't let me update apps or even purchase free one

i got in my App Store and went to get on Craigslist, when I did so it said verification needed, so I verified then it said something is going on with my payment method

"theres a billing problem with your previous purchase, please update your payment method" so I updated it and it says it was decloned so I try another card it says the same thing both of these cards work fine there's no problems with either of them I made a purchase today to be sure of that. and it won't let me update any apps or download free ones please help me

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 2:28 PM

The 'problem with a previous purchase' message implies that iTunes wasn't able to collect the payment from your last purchase - until that is paid you won't be able to download anything else from the store, including free items, redownloading past purchases, and updates to your apps.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you and your iTunes account are. If they're debit cards that you are trying to use then they don't appear to still be accepted in all countries, and even where they are it seems that not all work.

If you don't have any credit/debit cards that are accepted by iTunes then are iTunes gift cards available in your country (they are not available in all and they are country-specific, they can only be used in their country of issue) ? If they are then you could potentially use them as your payment method.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2015 2:28 PM in response to Biggwillndhelp

The 'problem with a previous purchase' message implies that iTunes wasn't able to collect the payment from your last purchase - until that is paid you won't be able to download anything else from the store, including free items, redownloading past purchases, and updates to your apps.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you and your iTunes account are. If they're debit cards that you are trying to use then they don't appear to still be accepted in all countries, and even where they are it seems that not all work.

If you don't have any credit/debit cards that are accepted by iTunes then are iTunes gift cards available in your country (they are not available in all and they are country-specific, they can only be used in their country of issue) ? If they are then you could potentially use them as your payment method.

It denies my cards Everytime I switch it but there is nothing wrong with either it won't let me update apps or even purchase free one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.