Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast (as in, the one I created) has vanished

It's not that the episodes have stopped working or anything, it's simply that the whole thing has disappeared, it's suddenly as if it were never there! I've had no notification or any communication from Apple or iTunes, it's just gone. The feed is fine, there's nothing wrong at our end, I'm baffled... it's been on there for years with no issues, only positive reviews, and profanity clearly marked. In fact, it won an award! Can anyone help? Apple? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks!
X Dan

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 2:20 PM

3 replies

Mar 18, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Dan Freeman

Do you mean that if you enter the URL for your Store page you get an error saying it's not available? (As opposed to not showing when you look at the category it's in.)

If you get the 'not available' message it means that it's been removed by the Store staff, though you should have got am email telling you it's been removed (though they don't give a reason).

There are various reasons for removal, including unacceptable content (probably unlikely in your case as it's been up for some time) and use of copyright material (as in tracks ripped from commercially issued CDs - that will get you removed once it's been spotted).

You can try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com if you think it's been removed in error (not unknown though rare), though I can't promise you will get a helpful answer.

Mar 18, 2015 3:13 PM in response to Dan Freeman

The Support address is

podcasts 'at' apple.com

Checking your iTunes Store page at the URL given on your website

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/prologue-the-pointed-hand/id496483209?

brings up the error message I mentioned, so it's evidently been removed. You say you have a licence for the music, but unless you've made that clear (for example in the Description) they have no way of knowing your's isn't just another of these podcasts ripping CDs and breaching copyright in the process.

My podcast (as in, the one I created) has vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.