Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 thinks I have headphones in and I dont ! I have literally tried everything ! Trust me .. I can't hear anyone on the phone unless it's on loud speaker ..

my phone thinks I have head phones in when I dont .. It's really really annoying me, I cant play music out loud or videos, I cant hear anyone on the phone unless it's on loud speaker .. I googled it and have tried everything I have read .. Please help me

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 2:32 PM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Lydia Kathleen

Hi Lydia Kathleen,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPhone is showing that headphones are connected when they aren't. This does sound like an annoying situation.

You mentioned trying all the steps you could find on the web, and I wanted to make sure you tried these specific ones:

Connect a headset. If you can hear sound through the headset, remove it and clear any dust or debris from the headset jack of your device.

Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

At this point, if the same thing is happening, the support article If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker suggests contacting Apple Support:

If you followed these steps and still hear no sound or distorted sound, contact Apple Support.

All the best,

Jeremy

iPhone 6 thinks I have headphones in and I dont ! I have literally tried everything ! Trust me .. I can't hear anyone on the phone unless it's on loud speaker ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.