Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen is blank

my screen is blank and I can't turn the screen on, although I can get Siri to speak occasionall.

iPad Air

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 4:16 PM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Delcs53

Hi Delcs53,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing. Based on the fact that Siri is responding, you may have accidentally engaged an Accessability feature known as Screen Curtain, which leaves your device running but blanks out the screen. If that is the case, you should be able to switch it off as detailed below:

Turn the screen curtain on or off. Triple-tap with three fingers. When the screen curtain is on, the screen contents are active even though the display is turned off.

Use iPad with VoiceOver - iPad User Guide

If that does not work, or if your iPad is still not starting up or responding, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article more useful:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

My screen is blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.