Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my shuffle won't play podcasts, but says they on on my device and sync is complete

My shuffle won't play podcasts, but says they are on my device and sync is complete?

iPod shuffle

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 4:47 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 5:09 AM in response to grsaunde

Greetings grsaunde,

I'm not sure which iPod shuffle you have, but there are some things to note when playing podcasts.

iPod shuffle: Playing audiobooks and podcasts - Apple Support

When using iPod shuffle (1st and 2nd generation), if iPod shuffle is set to shuffle songs User uploaded file it will play all the audio files on iPod shuffle except audiobooks and podcasts*. To play an audiobook or podcast, set the switch on iPod shuffle to play in order User uploaded file.

When using iPod shuffle (3rd generation), podcasts and audiobooks will not be played when content is played from All Songs. If content is played from a playlist synced from iTunes, audiobooks and podcasts will only be played if the iPod's switch is set to play in order User uploaded file. In addition to playlists synced from iTunes, iPod shuffle (3rd generation) will create a special playlist for each audiobook synced and one for podcasts. When accessing these special playlists, audiobook and podcast content will play whether the iPod is set to play in order User uploaded file or shuffle songs User uploaded file. Podcast are sorted by alphabetical order and then by episode date.

All the best,

Nubz

my shuffle won't play podcasts, but says they on on my device and sync is complete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.