Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to get mail to come in (and be sent from) to my newly setup mail in Mavericks). Can't receive or send.

Mail setting appear to be correct. There appears to be a connection to the server. When I connect to the internet with my previous iMac I receive all my mail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 6:42 PM

8 replies

Mar 18, 2015 8:39 PM in response to boltandjaelith

Did you open up Connection Doctor in Mail and see if the connections are working or failed?

If the connection to the server failed, you might want to double check all settings are correct. Any error in any box or setting will cause a failure.

Depending on your mail provider, you may have to go through a 2 step verification when adding an account to a new device. Have you checked on that and who is your mail provider?

Mar 23, 2015 8:14 PM in response to dianeoforegon

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

After 5 hours on this I'm still in the same place. I used the above links to transfer all my mail setting and previous email from my first iMac to my new one and have the same result. I have a green dot on what looks like the outgoing server-and when I send a test email it seems to be sent (I have activity monitor showing activity). But I have red dots on the next two account names (one appears to be the outgoing server and another seems to be for the entire account-it states the account name not a server name). The first red dot states "Trying to log in to this SMPT account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct. The second red dot states, "Trying to log in to this POP account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct." I had hoped that by transferring everything about mail from my previous iMac I would simply have everything replaced and ready to work but this hasn't happened. If it is simply a user name and password problem i don't know how I would find these. I set up my first Apple mail account over 10 years ago and don't remember the info. I've tried everything I had as earlier passwords without success. There must be a way to make this work...

Any assistance you can offer would be great;y appreciated.

Mar 23, 2015 8:19 PM in response to boltandjaelith

I have 10.9.5 on both machines.

Another thing, when i purchased the new iMac I couldn't get the Mac update data transfer program to move my files from my old iMac to the new one either. Two calls to Apple tech support resulted in the techs not being able to make this work either. Could there be a larger issue with my iMac going on?

Thanks again.

Trying to get mail to come in (and be sent from) to my newly setup mail in Mavericks). Can't receive or send.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.