Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple TV box is not working. The light blinks but the TV only shows the apple picture and nothing happens. Any ideas what is wrong?

My apple TV is not working. The light blinks but the TV only shows the apple picture and nothing happens. Any idea why?

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:47 PM

That sounds like an Apple TV that just updated software and started tying to reboot. If it's gotten stuck (it should be a couple of minutes to reboot).then I guess the best thing is to pull the power cord, wait a couple minutes, and let it boot up.

12 replies

Mar 30, 2015 6:50 PM in response to James Hassinger

James,

Thank you for the information. I did what you said but it is still not working. My apple box works with my wifi so I think the wife was disconnected and I can't figure out where to go to set up the wifi pass word for the apple box. Any hits would be appreciated if not my next step is to ship back the box to apple.

Thanks,

Marta

My apple TV box is not working. The light blinks but the TV only shows the apple picture and nothing happens. Any ideas what is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.