Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got text messages from iCloudreport regarding my lost iphone , are they scams?

I lost my iphone two month ago and I got a lot of emails from "Find my iphone" saying that my phone has been found in at least three other different countries. Today I received a text message from a unknown phone number saying that: "Find my iphone service: your iphone 6 64Gb Gray lost/stolen has been found. You can reclaim it now at: https://icloudreport.com/?imk=3544070.....(8 more numbers)...., Apple Inc. " I clicked the link, it led me to this address"http://icloudreport.com" it looks the same as icloud home page. I feel this is suspicious because I really did not put any hope on my lost iphone been found. Is this a scam?

I then rechecked the emails that I received in the past and I found that some early emails I received are from "no_reply@icloud.com". The link in this email direct me to "losticloud.com" while the most recent emails are from "icloudreport@icloud.com" and the link in this email direct me to "icloudreport.com" (which is the same as that in the text message). Is any of the email I got is scam? I remembered I did login through the emails so I'm a little worried.

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 11:02 PM

15 replies

Jun 19, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I have just received message saying:

Find My iPhone service:

Your iPhone 5 16GB Black lost/stolen has been found.

You can reclaim it now at: https://icloudreports.com/?imk=013633009272140

Apple Ic.

When i clicked the link there was a classic looking dialogue window when i put my iCloud email address and login.

Now I see it is a fake.

When I checked icloud.com the stole phone is not in my devices anymore.

My question is if there is some real other threat.

I have removed the credit card via iTunes and want to change my iCloud password.

Should I do anything more?

Thanks a lot,

Lukas.

Jun 19, 2015 10:50 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Yes, I can log in. The problem is that I cannot change the password now as I have tried to answer the security questions (during the pswd changing process) incorrectly and now it is unfortunately blocked for 8 hours.

I did try to call to my local (Czech Republic) Apple support but there are working only on Mon-Fri till 5pm and now we have a Fri 7 pm. Do I have to wait those 8 hours you think? I'm afraid that sending before weekend can be the intention of the party who make the fake 😟

Jul 13, 2015 9:06 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I can't change my password also because of Security Questions but I know my answers are correct, I've been blocked for 8 hour because of maximum failed attempts. i have called the Apple Store, and they said that they will call me and send me email and my case no. but I think the thief had the full access on my phone. i just have a question, if I have passcode on my iPhone and he has may iCloud password or he hacked my account, can he access my files, or even my Private Apps with my passcode? or he will eventually restore the iPhone and erase everything that's in there? I really want to know the answers thank you.

I got text messages from iCloudreport regarding my lost iphone , are they scams?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.