Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else getting an error message when trying to update their ipad2?

everytime I try to update my ipad2 I get an error message! What gives?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 8:29 PM

You would have to tell us what the error message is in order to get help.

Cheers,

GB

9 replies

Mar 19, 2015 7:04 AM in response to bazzbozz64

HI Brian, OTA means over the air...downloading the update directly to your iPad. When you go to Settings->General->Software Update. Are you getting an error when you try to download? What exactly does the error say?

bazzbozz64 Suggested that you do your update by connecting your iPad to your computer/Mac and updating through iTunes. When you connect your iPad to your computer & open iTunes, iTunes should recognize the iPad and advise you that there's an update available. First, I would suggest you backup your iPad to iTunes then click Download & Install in iTunes. You can also just download then do the update later. It is a large update so the file will take a while to download. If you chose Download & Update, once the Download is complete, the iPad will start the update. Leave the iPad attached to the computer until it boots back up & the update is complete.

Mar 19, 2015 7:47 AM in response to bazzbozz64

Hi Brian,

If that is the only message, then it is indicating that there is not enough room on your device to download it OTA (over the air - i.e., via Wifi).

Hook up your device to iTunes, select your device, select Summary, then select:

1. Automatically Back up to: This Computer

2. Manually Back up and Restore: Back up Now

3. Check for Update

User uploaded file

Cheers,

GB

Anyone else getting an error message when trying to update their ipad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.