Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd Gen Wifi Problem

Hi,

my Apple TV (3rd Gen) has some Wifi Problems - most likely (but not 100% sure) since the last software Update (to the newest version). Before that, everything was fine.

Most of the time the Apple TV loses its Wifi connection about 1-2 times while using it (airplay streaming from my iphone). Normally i then have to wait a few seconds, until it re-connects itself. Sometimes i have to restart the Apple TV. Some days it works without losing the connection.

i already tried:

- reset the Apple TV (did not work)

- reset my wifi router (did not work)

- change my wifi settings (did not work)

- get a "new" Apple TV (apple gave me a "new" one for my "broken" one - did not work)

All of my other Wifi Gadgets (iPhone 6, 2 TV, PlayStation 4, Laptop) have no wifi Problems at all.

Of course i already checked with google. I found reports that some Apple TV (with a special range of serial numbers) have wifi Problems, but both of my Apple TV do/did not have one of the listed serial numbers.

Does someone know about this Problem? Is it possible to install a Software Version lower than the newest one (to check if this will also happen with an older version)?

BR

Sebastian

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 12:53 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 5:40 AM in response to Skoesters

I have noticed the same problem. It appears I lose connection with every service (netflix, hulu, etc...) after only a few minutes of watching a program. Sometimes it will not even load and Apple TV just shuts off and resets. Here is the funny part, If I watch anything from the Apple Store it works completely fine with no interruptions. Only Apple Store programs will play without shutting off. I have tested and retested this for verification. If I stream Hulu or Netflix videos from my phone to Apple TV it works fine as well. That narrows it down to a recent upgrade from Apple will only play Apple Store content without interruption when using Apple TV. Nice move Apple.

Apple TV 3rd Gen Wifi Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.