Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted keyboard shortcuts show back up?

OK, I've noticed this issue over the past several months (if not a year). I have an iPhone, iPad, and a MacBook Pro. At some point I had set up Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts. Over time I changed a few of the shortcuts, and deleted some. Now I'm noticing all of the shortcuts I've ever created keep showing back up on all devices. I have some case sensitive dups, and some that shouldn't be there at all.

I just tested this out with all three devices in front of me. I opened the keyboard shortcuts settings up on all three, then removed all of the shortcuts I no longer wanted on all devices. I then rebooted the iPhone and iPad. Upon reboot, the deleted shortcuts were back again. They also almost immediately showed back up on the MacBook Pro.

Where can I permanently delete these? Is there a master copy somewhere in cloud land? Do I need to stop something from sync'ing to resolve this?

Message was edited by: Kizmar (spell check, updated phone 🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 5:13 AM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2015 9:04 PM in response to Kizmar

Ok so, no one ever attempts to answer anything on this stupid forum. Here's what I ended up doing...

I deleted all keyboard shortcuts, rebooted the device. Waited a couple minutes then deleted all the shortcuts that showed back up. Rebooted the device. Rinse and repeat. Eventually they stopped showing back up, but only after deleting ALL of the keyboard shortcuts Every time.

Deleted keyboard shortcuts show back up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.