Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Delete Subscribed Calendar from iCal 8.0

Using iCal 8.0, I subscribed to a calendar on my own Google account. There is no option to delete this subscribed calendar––not in "Get info" or anywhere. I have even deleted the subscription on the Google calendar side, but I'm still unable to delete the subscribed-to calendar in iCal. I'm using Yosemite 10.10.3, and this issue occurred under previous versions of Yosemite; it was not resolved with the upgrade to 10.10.3. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

iMac, Yosemite 10.10.3

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 7:40 AM

29 replies

Jan 7, 2017 8:40 AM in response to Eric Balch1

This was the completely bizarre solution that worked for me! Thank you so much. It's been annoying me for so long that I just hid the offending calendar forever to get it out of my sight. Apple is so backwards with things like this lately that it's become as infuriating as owning a windows machine. This is minor, but it's another in a long list of minor problems.

Mar 22, 2015 7:33 AM in response to lfw

Hey lfw,

It sounds like you’re running into an issue unsubscribing from a calendar in the Calendars app on your iMac. Try right-clicking or Control-clicking the calendar and deleting it, as suggested in the article linked below.

Subscribe to calendars - Calendar Help

Unsubscribe from a calendar

• Control-click the calendar in the calendar list, then choose Delete.
  • If you don’t see the calendar list on the left, choose View > Show Calendar List.

Ciao,

-Jason

Jun 28, 2015 7:54 AM in response to lfw

I don't know you resolved your issue but for you and other people searching for a solution to this problem I though I'd share how I resolved it (with the help of AppleCare).

So, I had (long ago) subscribed to a public "US Holidays" iCal calendar -- this followed me through the years since the beginning of calendar subs. Anyway, A couple of versions ago Apple added a default "Holidays" calendar and so my holidays started doubling up -- which was really annoying. I searched for a solution here and elsewhere on the web and never found a solution that worked for my situation. So since I just bought a new mac pro I decided to use AppleCare to solve the issue.

My old "US Holidays" calendar was listed under the "iCloud" section of the "Calendars" sidebar (whereas the Apple-included one sits in the "Other" section). Control-clicking it did NOT show a "Delete" option and the "Edit" menu's "Delete" option was grayed out. Command-Delete did give the right delete warning dialog but selecting "Delete" did nothing -- the calendar was NOT deleted.

What did work:

1. Control-click offending calendar
  2. Select "Get Info"
  3. Change "Location" from "iCloud" to "On My Mac"
  4. Click OK
  5. Offending Calendar will move to "Other" section of calendar sidebar
  6. Control-click offending calendar at new location
  7. Click "Delete"

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Cheers!

Nov 1, 2015 7:09 AM in response to lfw

I too had this problem with OSX 10.11.1 when i subscribed to UK Holidays which displayed Holidays in Scotland but I only required England & Wales.

I couldn't delete the calendar from my mac but discovered that the calendar was in the Google account so just log in to the Google account, open Google Calendar, click the settings gear, click Calendars then unsubscribe from the link which you don't want.

Hope this helps.

Dec 5, 2015 2:37 AM in response to alshut

I have two calendars stored under iCloud in iCal side bar I want to delete (called Family and free calendar). All the other calendars have a delete option when I control click on them except for these two. See screen grabs. If I go to 'get info there is no option to remove from the cloud. Neither are in my Google calendar. How do I do it? It is really frustrating me...

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Can't Delete Subscribed Calendar from iCal 8.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.