Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: Iphone 6 won't connect to wifi .. Says incorrect password which is not true. Ideas???

FIXED!!!! I have been struggling with this for MONTHS!!! Nothing has worked.. Reset Network Settings - NO, Reboot Router - NO, Update to latest IOS - NO, Reboot iPhone - NO, Forget This Network - NO, Stand on one foot - NO. Here is the fix you have been waiting for: Log into your wifi router and disable WMM Power Save. I have been able to recreate the problem again and again. Turn WMM Power Save on and same old iPhone wifi problems. Disable it and viola'. it's been a long road but it's good to finally be at the end of it.

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 6:54 AM

4 replies

Apr 13, 2015 9:39 AM in response to VScott

This also seems to have fixed my issue - at least temporarily.

More info

ASUS RT-AC66R running with both 5 and 2.4 antennas on - WEP2 password with lots of characters.

My phones (5s and 6) both worked fine until 8.1.1 update, then failed completely to connect to most networks for a couple of weeks. After 8.3 update, they would connect to most networks, but still had issues with my home network, even after a reboot and wiping all network settings.

disabling WMM (which rebooted router, as well) on 5ghz fixed the issue for BOTH 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands (which doesn't make any sense)

on the ASUS, located in wireless > professional > Enable WMM APSD

Good luck

THANKS to VScott

Sep 3, 2015 7:12 AM in response to VScott

I'm from Sydney Australia.My iphone 5 had been working perfectly when attempting to login to any wifi network, my home and work ones included, naturally. Then suddenly after a system upgrade it refused to login to any wifi network. All my other home devices (ipad, Macbook, Mac, wife's android phone, visitors to the house with all theirs) ...no problems. Today I am in Paris using a friend's apartment. Same problem. I've tried the reset network settings, as advised earlier on this thread. Nothing. And the new advice here about disabling WMN power safe on router ... hey, I can do that on my home router, but how am I supposed to do that on other people's every time I want to use their wifi? So many people reporting this, it must be epidemic??? Is there some way I can reinstall an earlier operating system when it all worked perfectly?

Re: Iphone 6 won't connect to wifi .. Says incorrect password which is not true. Ideas???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.