Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.7: installed or not?

I have MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.7 showing as installed on Mar 17, 2015 on my AppStore Updates page; it also shows up as installed on Mar 18, 2015 and yet Mavericks wants to install it again.

I seriously doubt this update has been updated so many times, something just doesn't seem right.

Questions: what should I do? Is there a way to get rid off this annoying (1) showing on the AppStore updates?

Thanks!

Fernando

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 17"

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 7:20 AM

7 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:49 AM in response to lrtitze

I have also been getting an error message that reads "An error has occurred" "The digital signature on Mac Book Pro EFI Firmware Update is missing or invalid. The update may have been tampered with since being signed by Apple. Click Update to download and check the update again.(203)" [OK]

This seems to indicate some sort of problem with/in the Apple Store, don't you think? Who do we call, Ghostbusters? :-) Hello, Apple, you there?

Thanks for replying!

Fernando

MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.7: installed or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.