Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro shutting down. Hardware error code 4MEM/62/40000000:0x7f537f90

Macbook Pro shutting down. Not the same action making it shutdown. Anywhere from being online to attaching a photo to an email to working in Word or Photoshop. Even after it's closed and not being used. I come back to it being shut off and saying it had to restart because of a problem. I ran the Hardware check and got the Hardware error code 4MEM/62/40000000:0x7f537f90.

I must say I am quite disappointed. I have used Mac for work but had a PC since day one, and I JUST got this Macbook Pro in Dec. I was delighted that Mac usually didn't have as many problems with viruses etc as PC. And now last couple days, constantly shutting itself down. The closest store to me is a few hrs away. I am in South Dakota, store is in Minnesota 😟 Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 9:01 AM

19 replies

Mar 20, 2015 2:08 PM in response to CaptureTheGlow

Can you post a screen shot of About This Mac -> (More Info) -> System Report -> Memory and click on each DIMM and post the bottom right pane. You can also do the same without a screen shot using just text version using the following highlighted command in OSX Terminal. The output is also listed.

system_profiler SPMemoryDataType

Memory:

Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled

Upgradeable Memory: No

BANK 0/DIMM0:

Size: 8 GB

Type: DDR3

Speed: 1600 MHz

Manufacturer: 0x02FE

Part Number: -

Serial Number: -

BANK 1/DIMM0:

Size: 8 GB

Type: DDR3

Speed: 1600 MHz

Manufacturer: 0x02FE

Part Number: -

Serial Number: -

Mar 20, 2015 4:06 PM in response to CaptureTheGlow

Apple support was asking you to reset the NVRAM, not the SMC:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204063

If no success, take out the modules and clean the contacts and reset them. Make certain that they are well seated. Check to see if the RAM is recognized.

If still no success, download Rember from Kelley Computing and run it overnight (assuming that the MBP allows you to do that). That way sufficient loops will be executed.

http://www.kelleycomputing.net/rember/

Last option is a visit to an Apple store genius bar for a free evaluation.

Ciao.

Mar 25, 2015 11:54 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

OOk here is the latest. They had it all weekend. When I talked to them last night it hadn't shut off. But when I picked it up this morning they said it did crash and that they replaced the RAM. I get it home, and now I can't get it past the load screen. It gets halfway and shuts off. Are there any commands to get me past this point? Contacted the repair guy. He said it was fine this morning. I picked it up, drove the hour home and turned it on. So not sure what is happening.

User uploaded file

Macbook Pro shutting down. Hardware error code 4MEM/62/40000000:0x7f537f90

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.