Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic trackpad switching endlessly from connected to connection lost ?

magic trackpad switching endlessly from connected to connection lost after computer sleep then after 5mn conection bck again...

im on 10,9,5

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 9:44 AM

13 replies

Mar 20, 2015 10:19 AM in response to skanner21

What brand of batteries are you using. Some cheaper batteries are not quite the right length and do not connect properly causing the kind of problem you write about. Again, when you replaced them were the old batteries in poor condition. The terminals inside the battery compartment could be soiled with corrosion. The blinking light and unreliable connection are symptomatic of a battery problem.

Mar 20, 2015 4:32 PM in response to skanner21

Please answer these questions. This is becoming a very one sided conversation.

What was the condition of the previous batteries? How old were they?

Have you checked and attempted to clean out the battery compartment?

Are the batteries regular or rechargeable?

Panasonic are not usually recommended though they should be okay. The batteries usually thought best are Duracell, Energiser, Eneloop and Apple (not my personal favourite).

Remember, I cannot look over your shoulder so I do not know for sure what you are actually doing or seeing. I have to rely on you to answer clearly. If the problem is one of language tell my what your native language is.

I am away now until the morning.

Mar 21, 2015 4:55 AM in response to seventy one

I think previous battery was simply okay, they were not old and the battery compartment looks just fine.

battery are regular battery

Last time i need to change the battery, a clear message appeared on my mac screen saying "low battery" etc.... but now i dont see this message.... just "connect" and just after "disconnet" endlessy and impossoble to switch on the trackpad with the right knob....

Mar 21, 2015 8:25 AM in response to skanner21

Hello again,

I have your message by eMail notification but it has only just registered in this system. To be honest, I haven't met this situation before. At the times when it says connected am I right to assume this follows one of the times when you were able to switch on. Tell me, which of your machines does this affect. If it is one of the MacBook Pros, if you connect it to the mains will the trackpad then switch on.

Can we now turn to Bluetooth. And several more questions for you to answer. 😀

1. Is your Bluetooth setting as it always was or has it been changed recently.

2. Has the network been changed.

3. Has your router been moved to another room.

4, have you recently introduced something electronic into the room which may cause interference.

Thank you for your last response ... and the stars. I do hope we solve this soon.

Regards, 71.

Mar 24, 2015 10:00 AM in response to skanner21

I was having all kinds of connection and erratic behavior with my magic trackpad...

and I was using the same rechargable AA batteries I've used just fine for a year.

Today I put a little piece of metal at the end of the 2 batteries inside to make the contact more firm.

Voila, all's working like normal again (crossing fingers it stays good)!

So I guess the springy thingy at the botttom of the battery barrel had just gotten worn down.

Mar 24, 2015 10:38 AM in response to Rand Wetherwax

Hello Rand,

Your solution is what many would try if they have batteries other than those I mentioned in an earlier post above. The springy thingy (😀) could be the problem, I guess it depends on how long you have had the mouse. Can't say I have seen that mentioned recently. It is a known fact that some batteries are about a mm short and that's enough to cause the erratic connection. They are usually the cheaper ones bought from a dime a dozen store ... but yours' sounds to be better than that.

magic trackpad switching endlessly from connected to connection lost ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.