Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly my iPhone won't won't accept any finger presses -- it won't swipe, either. Anyone know how to fix this?

I' e had this iPhone for a month. It is the second most recent model. It worked fine until yesterday, when it stopped accepting any finger presses or swipes. I can't even turn it off because that takes a swipe. I didn't drop it yesterday, and the few times I have, it's landed on something soft.

the screen showed the video app, which I had never used. And I struggled to leave it, the first sign of trouble. Shortly thereafter it locked up, where it has remained for about 20 hours. It charged up fine last night.

WIll resetting to factory defaults solve this? Is it perhaps a hardware problem?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 12:12 PM

Try a hard reset (which will not delete your content) by holding down the home and lock button until the phone restarts and shows the Apple logo.

6 replies

Mar 29, 2015 7:50 PM in response to jaibeniwal

Like any electronic item, it sometimes gets inexplicably balled up. The reset is no different than rebooting a computer that is acting hinky. If you don't have to do it often, then it is not anythign to worry about. (I know - not the kind of tech talk you were probably expecting, but the words selected are about as scientific as you can get concerning this type of weirdness....)

Cheers,

GB

Suddenly my iPhone won't won't accept any finger presses -- it won't swipe, either. Anyone know how to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.