Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

there is no podcasts app on my phone

Hi,

I recently downloaded some podcasts but don't seem to have the app to play them on. when i view the app in the app store on the phone it says open rather than install, but clicking does nothing. the app doesn't appear in the list off apps on my device in itunes either. I've updated to the latest iOS on the phone but it's still not there.

Anyone got any ideas what I can try next please?

Cheers.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 11:53 AM

6 replies

Mar 22, 2015 9:40 AM in response to AdamMarsden

Howdy Adam,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there’s an issue locating and opening the Podcasts app on your iPhone 6. Take a look at the article linked below and try the app troubleshooting suggestions that it provides.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Also, this article will walk you through the process of using Spotlight to locate apps on your iOS device.

Search with Spotlight - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

Mar 24, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Jason L

Thanks for the reply Jason,

however, the app is not actually on my phone. locating the app in the app store produces an open button rather than install. clicking it does nothing. so the app store thinks the app is there, but it's not. The podcasts i've downloaded are found using spotlight search, but clicking on them does nothing.

really dont want to have to take the phone to an apple store as the nearest one is around 90 minutes drive away!

cheers

there is no podcasts app on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.