Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Request for unknown status command 529.

just an FYI.

if you see this error in your console application messages it means, in our case anyway, that a newer version (than what you have installed on the machine receiving the console message) of Apple Remote Desktop is accessing your machine.

it was driving me batty until we figured it out.

internet searches were of little help. maybe having it here will help someone.

full message:

3/19/15 2:03:36 PM ARDAgent[124] Request for unknown status command 529.

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 1:47 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 5:53 PM in response to bzzzz

Thanks, this was very helpful.

I would go further and say this seems to mean "I'm being queried by too new an ARD management app". I was seeing the problem on a machine running ARD client 3.5.x (which was also **** hard to screen share to & manage). My ARD console is 3.8. Bumping the client up to 3.7.1 (the highest this Lion machine could go) got rid of the messages and made it controllable again, too.

Request for unknown status command 529.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.