Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

so i have a ibook g4 and it was not working so i put a new harddrive in and now when i put the install disk for osx panrher it goes to a weird looking crooked apple logo. HELP

So ihave a ibook g4 and it was not working so i put a new hard drive in it and now when i put a install disk in it go's to a weird looking crooked apple logo. HELP

iBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 3:16 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 6:15 PM in response to gmparris

It would help to figure out your iBook's age. iBook G4 could install only the installer disc that came with them, and newer retail discs that did not indicate the Mac model, update, drop in, or OEM on them. No iBook G4 could install higher than 10.5.6 retail. White discs with a Snow Leopard logo are not supported for them. https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6413

so i have a ibook g4 and it was not working so i put a new harddrive in and now when i put the install disk for osx panrher it goes to a weird looking crooked apple logo. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.