Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset/Recovery: which version of App goes into iPad?

I need to RESET my iPad. I have backed it up using iTunes. I have a certain app (Evernote) that I use all day. I have an older version, which is v 5.something, because it has more functionality that the current version, v 7.something. So I have never upgraded and I plan to hold on to my old version as long as possible.

I have conflicting advice regarding what will happen when I perform the recover operation: (a) Some say that the backup is a mirror of my old version of EN and that recover will put that back into mi iPad, which it exactly what I want; on the other hand, (b) others say that recover will automatically, and without asking me, load the current version of EN which is exactly what I do not want. Do you have any experience in this? Is (a) or (b) the right answer? Or is there a c? Absent some reason why iTunes would give EN special treatment, it appears as though my question would apply to any app.

thanks in advance

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 9:27 PM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2015 11:14 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

thanks. And thanks for correcting my terminology which was wrong. I've got people in the Evernote forum, who have helped me before, telling me that they have personal experience that is contrary to your advice. But you have a bazillion posts and I assume that you know your stuff. I would ask that other experienced folks chime in so that I get a good sample size. thanks

Reset/Recovery: which version of App goes into iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.