Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iCloud account on iPad gets email, cant connect to safari

i setup my old iPad for my cousin, with his new iCloud email and iTunes account. The iPad gets email from his new iCloud account and his old Frontieer account, but safari cant connect. Tried logging in to iCloud , but it said "invalid email or password" . We reset his password using my new iPad then tried logging on with his old iPad and got the same message.

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 5:32 PM

6 replies

Mar 19, 2015 5:39 PM in response to subatomic

If you are trying to log into his iCloud email in Safari on the iPad, how are you even accessing iCloud.com in Safari? Safari is a mobile browser and you cannot log into iCloud.com with a mobile browser, unless you identify the browser as a desktop version. It is possible to do that with Safari, but a lot of people don't know how to do it and you didn't indicate that is what you are doing.

Or am I totally misunderstanding what you are saying?

Mar 19, 2015 6:22 PM in response to subatomic

I did reset and erase all content on the iPad. At my house we set up a new iCloud account for my cousin and added his old email to his new/used iPad. We did not sync it to his computer(we were not near his computer at the time and his computer is an old pc laptop. i didn't think it could be synced to it.) when he left my house he was able to get his email (old and new accounts) and search the web. At his home he gets his email, both accounts But can't connect to safari. Tried to log into iCloud and got the "invalid email or password" response. We changed his password using my iPad but got the same "invalid email or password" response.

Demo, are you saying that the iPad needs to be linked to his desktop(old laptop)? I was hoping to avoid that because he was having trouble with it, I know nothing about pcs and I was hoping to convert him to apple because of its simplicity. The simplicity is avoiding us in this instance

new iCloud account on iPad gets email, cant connect to safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.